Thursday, January 14, 2010

Going a little flat


I'm looking for a new pair of flats, and though I love shoes and shopping, this one is kind of forced (well, he sort of pleaded with puppy eyes) on me by my boyfriend Jay. And I thought guys love girls in high heels! He's been adorably bugging me for a while now to ditch my heels for some time in change of flats. Why, you ask? Well, he's been seeing me trip a lot lately and of course he blames the towering shoes. He said that though he loves me in heels, and in anything, I'd be quite safer with flats.

Funny story that totally killed my argument: Last week after work, while walking down the street to the mall and discussing my favorite pair of pumps (which I was wearing), I was telling him that I can't ditch the certain pair because it's my favorite. He was like, "but you always trip on those and what if you get hurt?" I laughed it off and said matter-of-factly, "But these are soo comfortab...aah!" Bam, I tripped big time! Like really almost fell to my butt on the ground! He immediately helped me up, staring at me with worried eyes, "are you okay, hon?" My answer? A loud, crazy laugh!! After a full minute of laughing, I said "and I was trying to make a point!"

Oh, I know he only means well... so let the search begin! I have my fair share of flats at home, but I haven't bought one for quite some time now. A new lovely pair just like these three (the two have little wedges, yay!) from Anthropologie would be perfect.

Any suggestions, my dears?

9 comments:

  1. these are cute pieces dear !

    thanks for the lovely comments darling.
    appreciate the time you took to visit my blog !
    keep posting up great inspirations..
    x. Michelle.. visit, comment , follow me at .
    glisters and blisters :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mustard yellow moccasin-style ones! I shouldn't really be looking though because I have more than enough shoes :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. am gonna be a little biased cos i love yellow, so yeah get the first one.

    I am Denise Katipunera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first pair of flats! The colors work so well! The second pair, so cool and different! Loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too funny! i think the fashion gods were sending you a message ;) i am a 100% flats girl, although my boyfriend does say every now and then, "why don't you get a pair of heels?" now I only need to recount that story to him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, maybe they are indeed sending me a message. Hmm, well I am listening! haha. And yeah, I love the yellow one the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. umm, definitely just wore some yellow flats almost identical to those today. very cute!

    thanks for your sweet words on my blog!

    xo,
    m

    mauramfrana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are most welcome! xoxo- andy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger