Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Personal valentine coupons

We've talked about valentines and how most of you love doing it yourself. And I just have to share this amazingly sweet DIY gift that my boyfriend gave me a few years back. I got to use it for a whole year and I secretly wish I have more of them. So what is it? Personal coupons.

He gave me this strange envelope with an accompanying letter saying:

"Ms. Andy Tan, Congratulations!! You have just been given a set of Jay (boyfriend) cards. This entitles the bearer to use the cards to make Jay do things, which involve hugs, shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning and more. However, these cards will only be valid a year from receipt. Enjoy and use your cards well. The use of the cards is subject to terms and agreement and not valid for exchange or monetary equivalent. One card per transaction. From, Jay Enterprises"

Inside the envelope are around fifty small pink coupons with handwritten notes like "buy me that," "cook me lunch," "buy me ice cream," "bake me cookies," "buy me flowers," "shop for a day (Jay's treat)," "give me a hug," "clean the floor," and more sweet stuff.

It was so much fun to use and whenever he gets a bit upset with me, I pull out one give me a hug card and well, he mellows down. And I so enjoyed the shopping and cleaning cards too! And though I don't necessarily need a coupon to have him do all those things, it was just so cute and sweet to use.

What do you think, dolls? What's the sweetest or most unique valentines gift you've ever received? Share, share, share!

(pretty love notes from Quail Creative)

19 comments:

  1. This is seriously the cutest. You've got one super-awesome boyfriend there. I love the note he gave you and all the little things you could make him do. My boyfriend and I haven't really celebrated a Valentine's Day together yet (we've only been dating for about a year and had only been dating for two weeks last Valentine's Day). I'm not sure if we will since his birthday is so close to the holiday, though I've no doubt he'll think of something little yet incredibly sweet to do for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (P.S. Got you on my blog roll. Finally.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandi! And I'm sure he will think of something! Tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't have many fun Valentine gifts
    to share with you but that is a sweet idea your boyfriend had :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you appreciated the Jason Castro story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those coupon things! I gave my mum some a couple of years ago, they are a clever idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun and unique idea for Valentines day, my husband and I don't do gifts but I always cook him a good dinner and we exchange cards, very unromantic I know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that idea!! Especially the "buy me that" one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet! My boyfriend gave me a similar set of coupons, and when I immediately tried to cash in on the "Write Me a Love Poem" coupon, the set mysteriously disappeared... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe that is so so sweet! Gosh I need to think about this one....for some reason the one valentines day that stands out most is the one in 1998 when I bought a red dress and painted my nails a fab red to match so they would look smashing with the engagement ring I was sure to receive...the following June :)
    Ahaha! Thanks for popping by today! Love the bloggy! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooooo sweet! You must have yourself a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Wow soo cute. :)

    Xoxo- Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are SO adorable!
    kudos to the boyfriend.
    and all i need is a bouquet of sunflowers and a sweet card to make my day. {and cheesecake! obviously!}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that idea! Adorable! I think I may steal this idea for this year :) I'm drawing a blank on what to do for my husband. Sure I can buy him some cologne or something, but I really want the gift to be more heart felt! Thanksf or the idea!

    Love,

    Meg @ www.strawberriesandlace.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!
    I LOVE THESE COUPONS...
    hmmm, i think i'll make one for harry..
    he'd surely love em'..
    especially since i'm a gift-giver and not so much service...he'd love for me to do stuff for him for a change...:D

    and hey, i'm following you now..
    gizellefaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute idea! I did something similar for my mom on mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are cute and neat !
    thanks soo much for dropping by at my blog :D
    hope you'll check out my new post up now :D

    xoxoxo : michelle @ GLISTERS&BLISTERS

    ReplyDelete
  17. How adorable!! I love all the colors and the simple yet incredibly sweet words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh and regarding about my hair.. i just curl it with medium sized curling thongs :D
    its usually straight but i curl it for special events :D

    many thanks for the sweet comments as always .
    keep bloggin XD
    xoxoxo : michelle @ GLISTERS&BLISTERS

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are most welcome! xoxo- andy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger